Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Many students will experience difficulties with learning during their school career. A small number of these students will have an Education, Health & Care (EHC) Plan. The school aims to provide access to the whole curriculum for all students, with specialist staff wherever possible.
- To give all students the opportunity to study a broad balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum;
- To foster attitudes of self-worth in all students;
- To encourage personal autonomy and the full realisation of potential;
- To develop staff awareness monitoring students with individual needs in all subject areas by all staff;
- To make appropriate provision, out of the resources available, for all students with individual needs.
- To disseminate information to staff on students’ needs and suitable approaches to maximise learning.
The school’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator is Mrs M Goodes email@example.com and Flex/SEND Coordinator is Mrs J Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some links and documents to help parents support students with SEND during remote learning.
A padlet – SEND Information & Resources Click Here or scan the QR code below
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Policy
SEND Information Report