Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Many students will experience difficulties with learning during their school career. A small number of these students will have an Education, Health & Care (EHC) Plan. The school aims to provide access to the whole curriculum for all students, with specialist staff wherever possible.
- To give all students the opportunity to study a broad balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum;
- To foster attitudes of self-worth in all students;
- To encourage personal autonomy and the full realisation of potential;
- To develop staff awareness monitoring students with individual needs in all subject areas by all staff;
- To make appropriate provision, out of the resources available, for all students with individual needs.
- To disseminate information to staff on students’ needs and suitable approaches to maximise learning.
Below are some links and documents to help parents support students with SEND during remote learning.
A padlet – SEND Information & Resources Click Here or scan the QR code below
DSPL (Developing Special Provision Locally) is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, reviewing and developing the range of provision and support services available to their local community.
More details about DSLP4, which covers the Borough of Broxbourne from Hoddesdon to Waltham Cross, can be found at their website www.dspl4.co.uk
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy
SEND Information Report