Ofsted Report 2018
Following the Ofsted inspection on 22nd and 23rd May, please find below the inspectors report.
They judged that overall, our school requires improvement, and that our Sixth Form is good. These judgements were in line with the school’s own self-evaluation prior to the inspection. While we have made improvements at Haileybury Turnford, we know there is more work to do.
The inspection came at a good time for the school, as we’re planning for the new academic year. It gives us clear guidance on what needs to be done for the school to be judged at least ‘good’ in our next inspection, which is likely to be in 2020. The governors and senior staff will be fully focusing on Ofsted’s recommendations to make sure that happens.
Ofsted say Haileybury Turnford is already improving
Here is some of what the inspectors said in their report:
- The principal has galvanised the school into action. Important and worthwhile changes are being implemented rapidly.
- Improvements are increasingly evident, including in the progress made by the pupils. Leaders and staff have responded well to the challenges set by the principal and an incisive governing body.
- The sixth form is good. Sixth-form students attend well and are punctual. Higher quality teaching in the sixth form helps students to make good progress in academic and vocational courses.
- Committed and enthusiastic support from the sponsor partner, Haileybury, is developing higher aspiration among pupils.
- Governance is highly effective. Governors play an important role in school improvement, working closely with the sponsor school to secure additional resources to improve the school’s environment and pupils’ learning experiences.
- Arrangements for safeguarding are effective. There are clear systems that members of staff follow consistently.
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good.
- Pupils’ attendance is improving and persistent absence is reducing considerably.
- Pupils’ conduct around the school is orderly and calm.
Ofsted Press Release 2018
Ofsted Report 2018